Here are the session names for The 31th Nordic Geological Winter Meeting 2014:
- Open session: Hydrogeology/environmental geology
- Different types of springs in the Nordic countries and their use during history, Conveners: Torgny von Wachenfeldt, Per Wedel, Gert Knutsson
- Conflicts between groundwater supply and aggregate extraction or underground constructions, Conveners: Bo Olofsson, Gert Knutsson
- Hydrogeological aspects on storing nuclear waste in different type of rocks, Convener: Gert Knutsson
- Implementation of the Water framework directive in the North, from the scientific and practitioners perspective, Convener: Jenny McCarthy
- Geohazards in the Nordic and Arctic. Conveners: Þorsteinn Sæmundsson and Reginald Hermanns.
- Open session: Engineering geology
- Data collection and Rock Mass Characterization.
- Tunneling and underground space technology.
- Discussion Session - Improving communication between geologists and engineers.
- Engineering and environmental geophysics.
- Geological construction materials.
Economic and Petroleum Geology
- Open session: economic geology
- Open session: Petroleum geology
- Fennoscandian Metallogeny
- Mineral deposits and exploration in Greenland
- Ore-forming processes
- Natural stone in the present and past. Convener: Kari Aslaksen Aasly
Lundadagarna i Historisk geologi och paleontologi
- Open session: Sedimentology/ Stratigraphy
- Open session: Paleontology
- Weathering horizons - their formation, later reworking and final deposition, Conveners: Henning Dypvik and Lars Riber
- Open session: Petrology (Igneous, metamorphic, sedimentary)
- Modeling of P-T-fluid conditions in metamorphic studies, Conveners: Alasdair Skelton and Charlotte Möller
- 100 years of modern metamorphic petrology – celebrating the centennial of Eskola’s Orijärvi Bulletin
- Chronology and Rates of Metamorphism and Deformation. Conveners: Bernard Bingen, Matthijs Smit.
- The geology of North Atlantic and high-arctic large igneous provinces. Conveners: Christian Tegner, Romain Meyer, Sverre Planke
- Open session: Geochemistry, mineralogy, geochronology
- Progress of laser ablation ICP-MS in Earth Sciences. Conveners: Thomas Zack and Ellen Kooijman.
- The zircon messenger – nature and experiment
- Open session: Structural geology and tectonics
- Trans-Baltic Precambrian Correlations: Regional and Global Tectonic Reconstructions, Conveners: Svetlana Bogdanova, Grazina Skridlaite and Alvar Soesoo.
- Orogens and orogen dynamics. Convener:Arild Andresen
- Evolution of the continental crust – making to breaking. Conveners: Anders Scherstén, Ulf Söderlund & Andreas Petersson.
- (Scientific) drilling in the Nordic countries: exploring the subsurface. Conveners: Henning Lorenz and Ian Snowball
Geomorphology and glacial Geology
- Open session: Geomorphology and glacial Geology
- Scandinavian bedrock landscapes: tectonic and glacial implications, Conveners: Karna Lidmar Bergström and Mats Olvmo
- Using LiDAR in geomorphology, Conveners: Clas Hättestrand and Mark Johnson
- Dynamics of modern glaciers – glaciological and glacial geological processes, Conveners: Anders Schomacker, Ívar Örn Benediktsson and Jeremy D. Everest.
- Glacial History of Scandinavia, Convener: Martin Jakobsson and Atle Nes
- Open session: Quaternary geology
- Land-sea interactions in a long time perspective, Conveners: Helena. Filipsson, Anne Birgitte Nielsen & Anneli Poska.
- Chronology and development of landforms and deposits formed by chemical weathering , Convener: Stein-Erik Lauritzen
- Recent developments in Quaternary dating methods, Conveners: Frank Preusser & Stefan Wastegård
Geobiology and astrobiology
- Geobiology. Conveners: Sara Holmström and Nils Holm.
- Astrobiology. Conveners: Vivi Vajda and Nils Holm
Geophysics and volcanoes
- Open session: geophysics
- Open session: volcanoes
- Impact structures, Conveners: Carl Alwmark, Sanna Holm and Jens Ormö
- Volcanic plumbing systems
- Tephra studies – Tephrochronology. Conveners: Esther Ruth Guðmundsdóttir, Bergrún Arna Óladóttir.
Outreach and education
- Reaching out with geology – WOW to the many
- Geology in school, Convener: Elisabeth Einarsson
- Geoheritage – conservation and tourism, Convener: Linda Wickström
History of Geology and Geoscience
- General contributions to the History of Geology and Geoscience
- What do we learn from studying the history of geology?
- Nordic profiles in the history of geosciences
- The 19th century history of geology in the Nordic countries
- "Sea floor spreading": The beginning of the plate tectonics revolution – 50 years later